Programs : Florida Bright Futures
The Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program, funded by the state of Florida, provides scholarships based on high school academic achievement. The program has different award levels, each with its own eligibility criteria and award amounts. Awards are per credit hour.
For the 2015-16 academic year,
- The Florida Academic Scholars Award is $103 per credit hour.
- The Florida Medallion Scholars Award is $77 per credit hour.
- The Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholars Award is $77 per credit hour.
- The Academic Top Scholars Award is $44 per credit hour.
Students must submit a completed Florida Financial Aid Application during their last year in high school (after December 1 and prior to graduation).
For the 2013-14 academic year, students are no longer required to submit a FAFSA in order to receive both initial and renewal Bright Futures eligibility. Students are encouraged to submit a FAFSA to learn of potential eligibility for additional state and federal aid.
SFA’s Bright Futures program details page contains much more information about the Bright Futures Scholarship Program, including:
- Renewal Requirements
- Bright Futures for Transient Students
- Bright Futures funding for Grad Students
Determining exactly how many hours you will need to renew your particular Bright Futures award can be confusing. SFA has created a handy Renewal Predictor to aid you in determining your individual renewal requirements.