Aid-a-Gator FAQs

How do I apply for emergency money?
Students should a financial aid adviser.

What constitutes eligible expenses to quality for emergency funding?
This could apply to a variety of financial costs directly tied to the effects of an emergency situation that is straining UF students. This could include money spent for unanticipated travel, replacement of medications, emergency child care due to extended school closures, additional technology requirements, etc.

Do I have to repay an Aid-a-Gator grant?
Typically, you would not have to repay the amount awarded to you. The Aid-a-Gator program is designed to be a grant, not a loan.

Where are the funds coming from? Is there some sort of disaster relief fund?
The University of Florida has received private funding, including a generous donation from the Southeastern Conference (SEC). In addition, fund raising efforts for the Aid-A-Gator relief fund continue.

How will SFA disburse the money?
Relief funding will be disbursed through the University of Florida’s direct deposit.

How much money is available for each student?
Amounts vary, but students must provide a signed statement describing their circumstances along with supporting documentation to substantiate their funding request. The maximum Aid-a-Gator grant is $500.

What documentation is required to be submitted when asking for assistance?
This will depend on the individual claim. However, you should provide any documentation that is relevant to the specific financial need and hardship you experienced. Consider submitting copies of bills/paid invoices/receipts or official notifications from childcare or healthcare providers. If you are unsure about documentation, contact your financial aid adviser for assistance.

How can students obtain more information about the Aid-a-Gator program?
Information is available from the Office for Student Financial Aid and Scholarships at (352) 392-2244, via email at or online at

Who is eligible?
All UF students are eligible for consideration.

How can I donate to the Aid-A-Gator program?
During times of large-scale and individual crisis, the Gator Nation comes together. By making a donation, even a small one, you can help even more members of the Gator Nation who may find themselves in need today or tomorrow. FAQs offer additional information about this program. Please here to donate.