- All Bright Futures recipients are required to meet minimum credit hour and GPA requirements in order to renew their award each year. Students enrolled full time for both semesters are required to earn at least 24 semester hours in order to renew their award at the end of each academic year. For students not enrolled full time for both semesters, the hours required to renew are prorated.
- Students who do NOT earn the credit hours for which they were funded by the end of the evaluation period will be TERMINATED from the scholarship program.
- Students who do NOT earn their program’s required GPA at the end of their first evaluation period will be permitted a one-time restoration opportunity. Traditional students receiving funding during fall/spring will be permitted a one-time summer opportunity. Innovation Academy students receiving funding during spring/summer will be permitted a one-time fall opportunity.
Bright Futures Renewal Predictor
Determining exactly how many hours you will need to renew your particular Bright Futures award can be confusing. SFA has created a Renewal Predictor to aid you in determining your individual renewal requirements.
For more information, students should contact the FDOE Office of Student Financial Assistance at 1-888-827-2004. http://www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org/www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org
Florida Bright Futures Repayment Policy
- Students will be required to repay their award hours for any course dropped or withdrawn after the drop-add period.
- Hours repaid for dropped or withdrawn courses are added back to the student’s total semester hours available, and are not included in the student’s total credit hours required to renew the award.
- Repayment for the cost of dropped or withdrawn award hours is required to renew a Bright Futures award for the subsequent academic year.
- Nonpayment of dropped or withdrawn Bright Futures award hours may also negatively affect renewal eligibility for other state programs.
Additional information available on the http://www.sfa.ufl.edu/types-of-aid/bright-futures/florida-bright-futures-program-details/Bright Futures Program.