Applying : Financial Aid Application Timeline
A simplified, visual depiction of the financial aid cycle at UF. Click on the image to enlarge. Download as a .pdf.
- Begin searching for outside scholarships in October using the Scholarship Search Engine.
- Begin requesting letters of recommendation for scholarship applications.
- Student and one parent should individually obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) using www.pin.ed.gov.
- Using the PIN, electronically sign the 2014-15 FAFSA.
- Students can complete and submit their 2014-15 FAFSA as early as, but not before, January 1, 2014. Although you must be accepted for enrollment at UF before you receive financial aid, you should apply for aid before being admitted.
- Complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov.
- UF’s “On-Time” deadline to receive the results of your FAFSA from the federal processor is March 15. Apply well before March 15 to ensure that the federal processor has time to analyze and send the results of your FAFSA to our office. Financial aid is awarded on a first come, first served basis so apply as early as possible to be considered for the most, and best aid.
- Students must complete the FAFSA in order to receive Florida Bright Futures.
- Complete FAFSA in order to meet the “On-Time” deadline. UF’s “On-Time” deadline to receive the results of your FAFSA from the federal processor is March 15. Apply well before March 15 to ensure that the federal processor has time to analyze and send the results of your FAFSA to our office. Financial aid is awarded on a first come, first served basis so apply as early as possible to be considered for the most, and best aid. Review your processed FAFSA by checking your SAR (Student Aid Report). Correct any mistakes online at FAFSA on the Web.
- Remember to check the status of your application and award on ISIS.
- Once UF receives your application information and you’ve been admitted to UF, SFA will award you an aid package based on your eligibility.
- You will receive a Notification of Financial Aid Award (“The Award Letter”) from SFA. Review it carefully and follow any instructions that pertain to you.
- Review your financial aid file status on ISIS.
- If SFA requests any additional documentation (e.g. tax return transcripts, W-2s, verification worksheet, etc.), be sure to respond immediately.
- Summer B admits should begin attending Preview.
- Summer B admits must complete their 2013-14 FAFSA for Summer 2014 financial aid.
- Summer B admits should review their e-bills on myUFL (My Campus Finances).
- Tuition Fee Payment Deadline: July 11, 2014 (3:30 at UFS if not electronically).
- Fall admits should begin attending Preview.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit, using myUFL. More information provided at Student Preview
- Student borrowers should accept their loans using ISIS.
- Begin to notify SFA if you receive any outside scholarships. Use ISIS, “Additional Aid Reporting.”
- Student borrowers should make sure that they have completed entrance counseling and the Master Promissory Note (MPN) online at StudentLoans.gov.
- Future Fall/Spring/Summer tuition costs available on the University Bursar website.
- Students admitted for fall should review their e-bills on myUFL.
- Tuition payment deadline: September 5, 2014 (by 3:30 at UB).
- Students can begin looking for on-campus jobs using UF Jobs.
- Financial aid funds begin disbursing toward student account charges. Funds will not disburse if students have not completed all requirements. Check your aid status on ISIS.