Applying : Financial Aid Application Timeline
A simplified, visual depiction of the financial aid cycle at UF. Click on the image to enlarge. Download as a .pdf.
- Begin searching for outside scholarships in October using the Scholarship Search Engine.
- Begin requesting letters of recommendation for scholarship applications.
- Student and one parent should individually obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) using www.pin.ed.gov.
- Using the PIN, electronically sign the 2013-14 FAFSA.
- Students can complete and submit their 2013-14 FAFSA as early as, but not before, January 1, 2013.
- Complete the 2013-2014 FAFSA.
- UF’s “On-Time” Application Deadline for financial aid is March 15. SFA must have the results of your FAFSA by the deadline. Submit your FAFSA weeks early.
- Students must complete the FAFSA in order to receive Florida Bright Futures.
- Complete FAFSA in order to meet the March 15 ‘On-Time’ deadline. Review your processed FAFSA by checking your SAR (Student Aid Report). Correct any mistakes online at FAFSA on the Web.
- Remember to check the status of your application and award on ISIS.
- Once UF receives your application information and you’ve been admitted to UF, SFA will award you an aid package based on your eligibility.
- You will receive a Notification of Financial Aid Award (“The Award Letter”) from SFA. Review it carefully and follow any instructions that pertain to you.
- Review your financial aid file status on ISIS.
- If SFA requests any additional documentation (e.g. tax return transcripts, W-2s, verification worksheet, etc.), be sure to respond immediately.
- Summer B admits should begin attending Preview.
- Summer B admits must complete their 2012-13 FAFSA for Summer 2013 financial aid.
- Summer B admits should review their e-bills on myUFL (My Campus Finances).
- Tuition Fee Payment Deadline: July 12, 2013 (3:30 at UFS if not electronically).
- Fall admits should begin attending Preview.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit, using myUFL. More information provided at Student Preview
- Student borrowers should accept their loans using ISIS.
- Begin to notify SFA if you receive any outside scholarships. Use ISIS, “Additional Aid Reporting.”
- Student borrowers should make sure that they have completed entrance counseling and the Master Promissory Note (MPN) online at StudentLoans.gov.
- Future Fall/Spring/Summer tuition costs available on the University Bursar website.
- Students admitted for fall should review their e-bills on myUFL.
- Tuition payment deadline: August 30, 2013 (by 3:30 at UB).
- Students can begin looking for on-campus jobs using UF Jobs.
- Financial aid funds begin disbursing toward student account charges. Funds will not disburse if students have not completed all requirements. Check your aid status on ISIS.