While receiving financial aid from UF, your responsibilities are to:
- complete applications correctly and on time.
- read and understand all materials sent to you from SFA and other financial aid agencies or provided on the SFA Web site; keep copies of all forms and materials that you send in.
- know and comply with the rules governing aid you receive.
- provide all documentation and information requested by SFA.
- comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign.
- register for the number of hours required for your aid disbursement (see financial aid enrollment requirements).
- maintain satisfactory academic progress (see academic progress requirements).
- notify SFA of all resources not listed on your award letter.
- use aid only for expenses related to attending UF.
- check your GatorLink email account for financial aid info.
- keep your email and mailing addresses up to date with UF, as well as the state aid and federal aid processors.
While receiving financial aid from UF, you have the right to:
- be informed of correct procedures to apply for aid, cost of attendance, aid available, how financial need is determined, criteria for awarding aid, how academic progress is determined, and what you must do to continue receiving aid.
- be informed of the type and amount of your assistance, how much of your need has been met, and how and when you will be paid.
- appeal financial aid office decisions about your application.
- view the contents in your financial aid file, in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- know the conditions of any loan that you accept.
- know the job description and pay rate for any job that you hold or for which you may apply.