Thursday, October 9th, 2014
In spring 2015, Federal Student Aid will implement a new login process for student and borrower-based websites, including FAFSA on the Web, NSLDS® Student Access, StudentLoans.gov, StudentAid.gov, and the TEACH Grant website. The new FSA ID, which will be comprised of a user-selected username and password, will replace the Federal Student Aid PIN as the process by which students, parents, and borrowers authenticate their identity to access their federal student aid information. The FSA ID will offer new functionality including a single sign-on process for most FSA systems.
Federal Student Aid is making this change to eliminate the need for individuals to enter personal identifiers (Social Security number, name, and date of birth) when accessing Federal Student Aid’s systems. This change is critical to comply with new security requirements and industry best practices. Federal Student Aid is working to ensure that the transition from the FSA PIN to the FSA ID is as seamless as possible for their customers. Existing users will be able to link their PIN information to the FSA ID.
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014
The Fall 2014-15 issue of NEWS: Financial Aid for Gators is available for download now.
NEWS is a publication produced once a semester to keep you informed of important developments in financial aid.
Featured in this issue are:
- Proof of Health Insurance Requirements
- Checking the Status of Your Financial Aid
- Direct Subsidized Loan 150% Limit
- How to Stay Eligible for Financial Aid
- Direct Deposit
- Florida Bright Futures Renewal Requirements
- Financial Aid Q&As
- and more
Friday, August 1st, 2014
The Florida Incentive Scholarship Program (FIS) is a new state sponsored scholarship that was approved in the 2014 legislative session. UF is a participant in the FIS program.To be eligible to receive the Florida Incentive Scholarship, a student must:
- Be a Florida resident
- Earn a standard Florida high school diploma or its equivalency
- Enroll full-time in a baccalaureate degree program at a qualifying postsecondary institution
- Initially enroll at the eligible postsecondary institution the fall academic term following high school graduation
- Have received :
- a National Merit® $2500 Scholarship
- a National Achievement® $2500 Scholarship
- a Corporate-sponsored Merit Scholarship®
- a College-sponsored Merit Scholarship®
- an institutional scholarship of $500 annually, awarded specifically to a 2014 National Merit® FinalistAdditional information on FIS can be found on the State of Florida’s Office for Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) website www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org or by contacting the Office for Student Financial Affairs at (352) 392-1275.
Thursday, July 24th, 2014
Effective Summer B term starting on June 30, 2014, all newly admitted or re-admitted domestic students who are enrolled at least half-time in a degree-seeking program along with all international students are required to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan unless proof of comparable coverage is provided.
Students who do not have health insurance and/or do not submit a waiver will be automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan for the immediate semester and will be financially responsible for the related charge, which will be placed on the student’s myUFL/ISIS account.
Students with financial aid allotment questions/concerns should contact their pre-assigned adviser at Student Financial Affairs.
For more information, including plan rates and benefits, UF requirements and how to complete a waiver, visit: http://studentinsurance.shcc.ufl.edu.Tagged as: Insurance
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
View this video tutorial for the Student’s Guide to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid: